By Annie Zaleski | June 16, 2015 | Source: A.V. Club
By Jackie Cular | April 29, 2015 | Source: All Access Music
On April 29, 2014, Ventura Sergio Banuelos, aka Ventura XIII of the band Black Lodge, was killed in a motorcycle accident near Lincoln Heights, CA
„Conan: The Barbarian”, the new song from SchwarZenatoR, is premiering on Tuesday March 3rd; a perfect kickoff into ‚The Arnold Sports Festival’. The self proclaimed “Greatest Arnold Schwarzenegger tribute band” is „stoked!” about this new epic track which is intended for the new Conan film featuring Arnold, „The Legend of Conan.” Fitting in perfectly with the Conan climate, the track features a Sumerian March, with orchestrations by composer Ariel Mann and mastering by Maor Appelbaum.
By Ian Norman | February 10, 2015 | Source: PetaPixel
By Olivier Laurent | February 12, 2015 | Source: Time
By Luke Plunkett | February 11, 2015 | Source: Kotaku
By Elliot Wagland | February 10, 2015 | Source: The Huffington Post
By Blabber Mouth | February 11,2015 | Source: BlabberMouth
Zachary Kibbee, the US
1. For the first question we want to know when did you start to play the bass guitar? Was it easy for you to learn bass?
I first picked up a bass when I was 14. It was my friends and he didn’t like playing very much. It seemed to just make sense to me and I felt very comfortable playing the instrument. I found myself writing music within days of getting my own bass.
2. Playing on the bass for you is… Hobby? Job? Lifestyle?
I am fortunate that playing music, not just bass, has become my profession. My music is used a lot in television and film.
3. Who is your musical inspiration among bassists?
Flea has been my biggest influence musically as a bass player. I used to even study videos of him with the Chili Peppers so I could look like him and act like him on the stage. I’m also fond of John Paul Jones and Paul McCartney who, I believe to be one of the most underrated bassist of all time.
4. Do you play any other musical instruments? If you start to learn another one which would you like?
I play guitar, ukulele, drums, piano, harmonica, and I sing. I’ve found that most bass players pick up other instruments as well.
5. Musical instrument with which you can be associated with is…
I play a rare style Green wood – washed Fender American Deluxe P/J – Bass with active pickups.
6. Tell us about the projects in which you participate?
I’m currently working on a few projects. I have a solo project under my name Zachary Kibbee where I play guitar and sing, as well as recording project with my producer Joseph Holiday called Olde Future where I play bass and guitar as well as a few other instruments and sing.
7. What do you feel on live performances? How friendly and open are you with your fans?
I live performing. I am happy and fun on stage. I like to interact with my fans.
8. What do you like except music? Can you imagine yourself in other areas of life?
When I was younger I wanted to be an architect. I’ve always liked building things and figuring out puzzles and making things work. I think that’s helped me a lot as a song writer.
9. Maybe other bass players or those who start to learn bass are reading this article now. Let’s talk about technical stuff. Which brand do you prefer? Does quality of music depend on the guitar’s brand or of the skill of the bass player?
They say a good player can play on any instrument. While that may be true, it is a lot easier to play on a well built instrument. As far as learning to play, my advice is to just learn songs. Learn songs you like, learn them note for note, don’t be lazy about how you learn.